[MPlayer-users] File selector problems

Benjamin J McMillan gtg051h at mail.gatech.edu
Wed Dec 10 23:01:55 CET 2003

Hello list.

These are probably considered feature requests, and if they aren't
welcome here, my apologies.

1) Even with the new pre3 release, .m2v files aren't showing up as
regular video files in the GUI file selector, forcing me to select "All
files" in the filter.

2) The sort algorithm for the file selector is by first extension then
filename, when "Video Files" is selected as the filter. A post-sort
based on filenames would be great, if possible. The "All Files" filter,
however, doesn't have this problem, for obvious reasons. Most of the
time I just modify the code to automatically select All Files as the
default, but I'm getting tired of that (and I don't want non video files
to show up). I'm guessing this is a GTK problem, should I request this
to be fixed on a GTK list/forum?

Thanks,
--
Benjamin Jasper McMillan | "One can obtain certainty only by
gtg051h at mail.gatech.edu  |  amputating inquiry."