[MPlayer-users] [Bug] seeking in avi + vobsub with unknownsubtitles

Stefan Gürtler stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Wed Dec 10 14:57:21 CET 2003

Am Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2003 04:05 schrieb 陆然:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 10 December 2003 05:43, Stefan Gürtler wrote:
> > Do you need more info? Shall i upload the first part of the avi?
> > Sorry, in the moment i am too lazy to write a propper bugreport. But if
> > you say you need more information, i will try to provide them tomorrow.
> > Today i have already spent too much time behind the screen.
>
> Does pre2 have the same problem, those subtitles which is not defined in
> .idx file cannot be used at least now, and the seeking should be disabled.
> I'll try to fix it asap.

Hi 陆然

Thanks for your response and thank you for trying to fix this.
With pre2 I do not have this problem. I can choose Subtitles: (0) unknown and
still seek without mplayer crashing.
Disabling seeking might be a bit too harsh. I think it would be better to make
mplaye choose "Subtitles: (-1) none" or "Subtitles: (1) en" by default when
it finds an unkonw subtitle before completely disabling all seeking. The
users will be quite surprised and confused when mplayer does not respond to
their seeking-requests via keyboard any more.

Best regards
Stefan Gürtler