[MPlayer-users] standalone DVD-player that plays mencoded AVIs

HR haavroed at online.no
Wed Dec 10 14:30:06 CET 2003

Try http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php and check your requirements.
It should give you something to investigate further.

Keep in mind that AFAIK no standalone players support advanced MPEG4
features, which you'll find in most avi encodes... However, if you buy a
player that gets a lot of firmware support, you're as good off as can
be. I think. Not sure if todays players are powerful enough (CPU-wise)
to ever decode the most advanced features, though.

HR