[MPlayer-users] Re: [Bug Resended] Dumped mp3-stream won't play

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Tue Dec 9 18:35:38 CET 2003

Michael Behrisch wrote:

> I did send the following out several weeks ago and got no response but I think
> the bug is still there and even forcing -ac mp3 does not help.

As mplayer is mainly a video player and not an audio player, it is quite
picky about audio files as to avoid mistaking a video file for an audio
file.  If the mp3 begins with rubbish, mp3 players will just sync to the
first working frame, but mplayer just doesn't recognize it as mp3.

Try mp3check --cut-junk-start to repair the file.

http://www.icculus.org/mp3check/

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits.