[MPlayer-users] hwac3 troubles with SB-Live

Thomas tkran2002 at yahoo.de
Mon Dec 8 06:35:14 CET 2003

Hi,
my experience with the sb live:
using a digital IO extension from hoontech
( http://www.hoontech.de/produkte/sbdb3/index.html )
the output is great and all ac3 decoding is done by my yamaha amp with no cpu load.
I think the spdif is directly connected to my amp through the extension board
(only additional optical and coaxial outputs).
So there should be no more cpu load. Using this combination with my bulk sblive works
perfectly. But also the digital IO should work without the extension board passing
through the ac3 signal to the receiver without any decoding.
I haven't used any emu10k1-tools (but in my case it is automatically done by the io-board).
So there must be another problem. Have you loaded the snd-emu10k1 module with
correct parameters ?

look at modinfo snd-emu10k1
and to the alsa docs:

Input & Output configurations                   [extin/extout]
* Creative Card wo/Digital out                  [0x0003/0x1f03]
* Creative Card w/Digital out                   [0x0003/0x1f0f]
* Creative Card w/Digital CD in                 [0x000f/0x1f0f]
* Creative Card wo/Digital out + LiveDrive      [0x3fc3/0x1fc3]
* Creative Card w/Digital out + LiveDrive       [0x3fc3/0x1fcf]
* Creative Card w/Digital CD in + LiveDrive     [0x3fcf/0x1fcf]
* Creative Card wo/Digital out + Digital I/O 2  [0x0fc3/0x1f0f]
* Creative Card w/Digital out + Digital I/O 2   [0x0fc3/0x1f0f]
* Creative Card w/Digital CD in + Digital I/O 2 [0x0fcf/0x1f0f]
* Creative Card 5.1/w Digital out + LiveDrive   [0x3fc3/0x1fff]

Maybe this is not helpful to you because it's already known.
My System is a Athlon XP1700, G400 - DXR3-HW+ with no
special parameters to mplayer (0.92).

Did you try different movies or played with the framedrop parameters ?
The answer to your problem should be easy - hopefully my answer is a little help.
Also don't forget to read the mplayer FAQ/DOCS.

Thomas