[MPlayer-users] mencoder encoding with corrunpted slices

jm jeff.miller at transact.com.au
Mon Dec 8 04:04:12 CET 2003

Adding a setting of -avdopts ec=3 seems to work best,but there are now
green bars appearing in the encoded image. Any suggestions?

Jeff.

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 13:44, D Richard Felker III wrote
> > The source file (clip1.mpg) contains broken slices which are encoded
> > faithfully and reproduced in the out file (test.avi). I was wondering if
> > there was a switch that would allow mencoder to ignore these
> > corruptions. This seems to be possible as xine and vlc don't display the
> > broken slices when playing the source file, yet mplayer does.
> >
> > Failing a cli option, is there a filter that can be used to get the same
> > result?
>
> Look for error concealment options under -lavdopts in the man page.
> You should be able to find a combination that works. You'll have to
> use -vc ffmpeg2 to decode, since the default mpeg2 decoder (libmpeg2)
> doesn't use -lavdopts, of course..
>
> Rich

The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is
generally employed only by small children and large nations.
                                                        --David Friedman