[MPlayer-users] Configure Problem --> Alsa9

Steffen Sauder steffensauder at gmx.de
Sun Dec 7 18:19:41 CET 2003

Nicolas Godzik wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>Hi,
>
>configure program doesn't detect ALSA driver for my configuration,
>
>Checking for ALSA audio ... no
>
>I have installed Alsa driver 1.0.0rc2 and MPlayer v1.0pre2,

I had the same problems two weeks ago. the configure script looks
specifically for version 0.9.x of alsa. There was a patch on the devel
list to make it work again:
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-November/date.html.

Maybe this is already fixed in current cvs, but it wasn't when I checked
the last time (Nov 25). You should also be able to compile mplayer with
alsa 0.9.x and then update to alsa 1.0 because they are binary
compatible, but I didn't try that but applied the patch which works fine.

gruss,
Steffen