[MPlayer-users] split-screen mplayer

Alvin Oga alvin at ns.linux-1u.net
Sun Dec 7 06:54:55 CET 2003

hi ya adam

> Adam Nielsen wrote:

> > if i have 2 svga monitors, 1/2 of the mpeg pics
> > are displayed on each
>
> It sounds like your monitors are combined into one virtual display then, using
> something like Xinerama.  I'm not sure how you could restrict each movie to
> one monitor, my best guess would be to play the movie in a window and just
> resize the window so it takes up one whole monitor.

yes, i can use with and without xinerama option in startx or in XF86Config

	http://www.Linux-1U.net/X11/Dual
	( for those that wanna setup dual-monitor systems or multi-User )

and, yes, w/ xinerama, i can drag and drop xterm across to the other monitor

but mplayer will only play in the one monitor, so i was hoping someone
else has also tried it out ... split screen of mpeg onto 2 windows

> I run my monitors as separate X11 screens, so I don't have this problem, but
> when you run them as separate screens you can't do things like drag windows
> across monitors.  This doesn't bother me because I like having them separate
> (it means I can run them in different resolutions, colour depths, etc.) but
> it's not for everyone.

yes... nice to have separate monitors too ... esp for text on one and graphics
on the other

c ya
alvin