[MPlayer-users] Listening & recording *.ram files

Vidar Wahlberg canidae at exent.net
Sun Dec 7 00:37:04 CET 2003

> Hi ALL,

Hello

> I listening *.ram files from Internet with RealPlayer, on line.
> How I can listening this whith mplayer ?
> And how I recording/downloading this on my computer ?

First of all, you must make sure that your mplayer has support for real
media streams (think you need realmedia from one of the codec packs, not
sure though).
Then you can listen to the stream by writing:
mplayer <path to stream>
Not to hard, was it? :)

Now let's dump the stream to the disk:
mplayer <stream> -dumpstream -dumpfile <filename>

I think that should be it, at least it works great for me when i'm
recording The Essential Mix from BBC (bastards only stream in 44 kbps)

--
Regards,
Vidar Wahlberg