[MPlayer-users] XviD parameters NOT wrote in man pages - where tofind?

HR haavroed at online.no
Fri Dec 5 00:42:04 CET 2003

> [mailto:mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of
> Stephen D. Leedle
[...]
> Where can I find the XviD parameters I would like to use with
> mencoder,
> which are NOT wrote in the MPlayer's CVS code man pages?
AFAICT, they are not documented. Complain on the XViD forum (doom9 or
whatnot). Does mplayer even support the new XViD API?

> There is this new XviD version 1.0.0 beta with new features.
> But there is
> NO documentation at all in the XviD source tar ball. And the
> MPlayer's
> man pages are new, but not covering this stuff.
IMHO they shouldn't have to either, XViD is another project. If XViD was
"bundled" with mplayer, such as lavc (not in CVS, but in the download
section), then I'd count on some documentation, even though for lavc I'd
use ffmpeg.org. To whine a bit, I'd really expect more docs than is
apparant at xvid.org. Which is next to none.

HR