[MPlayer-users] Re: Digital camcoder

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Thu Dec 4 12:15:12 CET 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Adam Nielsen wrote:

>That's quite strange then - we have a 100Hz PAL TV (Loewe) and I can't see any
>artifacts or jagginess at all!  Perhaps I'm looking for the wrong thing?  I

1) Certainly the TV shows twice first the top (first) field in a frame,
then the bottom frame twice, i.e. top,top,bottom,bottom,top,top,... so
it's not that bad as if it would display each _frame_twice i.e.
top,bottom,top,bottom,...

2) The TV has hardware to do full resolution capture at full framerate so
I wouldn't be surprised if it had also some low order filters there too
to smooth or remove noisiness and jaggedness from the image.