[MPlayer-users] Re: Digital camcoder

José FC pezezin64 at yahoo.es
Wed Dec 3 16:13:08 CET 2003

> José FC wrote:
> > I hate interlacing, but I had never care about it when I was watching
> > TV... until today. It's so baaad! I didn't notice it when I didn't know
> > what to look, but now I can see a lot of jagged edges. And my TV is a
> > new, good 29" flat Trinitron.
>
> 100/120Hz or 50/60Hz TV?
>
> The former have to double the framerate internally which does not work
> very well because the Video is interlaced.
>
> Of course you can see the interlacing on a TV too, but it doesn't look
> as bad on it as on a progressive display.

Usually I watch 50Hz PAL channels. But I don't care, interlacing is very hard
to notice unless I am very near the screen. If I watch it far enough I don't
see any jagging.

Also, I use my TV mostly to watch dvd's, and AFAIK PAL dvd's are not
interlaced. They look almost perfect (Matrix Reloaded DVD is so crisp and
sharp!!!)

But when I watch TV on my TFT monitor it looks like shit! :(