[MPlayer-users] start recording automaticaly

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Wed Dec 3 15:18:08 CET 2003

> I want to record a movie on a dvb stream.
> How to start encoding automaticaly at a precise time,
> when I'm not home ;-)

I use cron for that, so that I can "set-and-forget" shows I want to record
regularly (i.e. every week.)  Since I'm not using any fancy programs to do
the recording (only "dvbrecord") I just call a script from cron which starts
the recording, sleeps for the duration of the show, and then kills dvbrecord.
I'm sure there are far better ways of doing it, but this works very reliably
for me, just so long as I keep enough free disk space available for the TV
shows ;-)

Cheers,
Adam.