[MPlayer-users] "open dvd" menu item missing

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Tue Dec 2 23:34:04 CET 2003

Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 December 2003 16:37, Stephen Bosch wrote:
>

>>A colleague in my office can play DVDs from his gui; he has an "open"
>>option in the menu that gives a flyout menu where he can choose "dvd".
>

> Hmm. Click midle mouse button -> simple menu with "Open File"
> Click right mouse button -> gtk (themed) menu with "Open DVD".
>
> Which one do you get with which mouse button? Could there be a problem with
> your gtk? What system do you have there anyway?
> Did you try moving ~/.mplayer somewhere else, in case it is a problem with the
> configuration?

Hi, Martin:

First, thanks for the reply.

When I click the middle mouse button, I get the menu (simple, I suppose)
with the Open File item. Interestingly, it is a skinned menu (has the
same theme as the selected skin).

Right-clicking, however, has no effect -- strange! I just assumed that
the menu required the middle-click. I am using Gentoo 1.4, no
"experimental" packages, except perhaps MPlayer itself (1.0pre2).

All my other GTK applications seem to work fine, although I have both
1.2 and 2.0 installed -- don't know if that could be the reason.

I have tried erasing the .mplayer directory, actually (as well as moving
it), and it does not seem to correct it.

-Stephen-