[MPlayer-users] Re: Problem Parsing WMV3 header.

Danny Bogaards danny at boware.nl
Mon Dec 1 23:06:24 CET 2003

Luc wrote:

>When broadcasters switched from WMV2 to WMV3, mplayer
>hangs on cache fill because WMV3 header is parsed incorrectly.

>example video files :
>http://www.vtm.be/asx/vtmnieuws/vtmnieuws13uur_Ma.asx

Hi Luc,

I examined your first URL and the asx points to:
mms://mss.streampower.be/vtm/vtm.nieuws/vtm.nieuws_13h_2.wmv

Now the problem is, that the stream is actually on port 1755, mplayer used
to auto-fall-back to port 1755 with mms:// I think.......maybe there is
something answering on port 80 which makes mplayer believe that it's
knocking on the right door......

When you explicitly enter:
mplayer mms://mss.streampower.be:1755/vtm/vtm.nieuws/vtm.nieuws_13h_2.wmv

It play's alright......maybe you can use this work around until a better
solution comes?

Regards,
Danny