[MPlayer-users] Mandrake 9.2 contrast problem

Goetz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Mon Dec 1 16:48:40 CET 2003

Am Mo 01 Dez 2003 16:25:25 GMT schrieb Alexandre Aractingi:
> I just installed mplayer-1.0-0.pre2 on my Mandrake 9.2 (from rpm),
> and I noticed that with the standard xv driver, the video is very
> dark, I have to manually adjust the contrast each time I play a
> movie...
> If I use the xshm driver, the video is displayed correctly, but then
> I can't go fullscreen...

Hi,

the xv driver bypasses the normal X window and it's contrast
settings, xshm doesn't do this.  You'll have to adjust the contrast
for xv separately.

You should try the -contrast option to mplayer or use the contrast
option in the MPlayer configuration file.
--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of