NOVIRUS [MPlayer-users] DVD drive support in RH8.0?

bubba smith bubbasmith_81 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 30 23:44:58 CEST 2003

>From: "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <dominik at rangers.eu.org>
>To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
>Subject: Re: NOVIRUS [MPlayer-users] DVD drive support in RH8.0?
>Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:19:49 +0200
>
>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]

>be
> >
> > >1. What does `dmesg | grep DVD` say?
> > hdb: LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
> >
> > Also, full line in /etc/fstab is:
> > /dev/cdrom   /mnt/cdrom    iso9660   noauto,owner,kudzu,ro   0    0
>
>So everything is just fine.

No, everything is not fine, same as when I first posted, Mplayer doesn't
recognize that there is a dvd drive at /dev/dvd and I assumed that rh8 just
missed recognizing it as a dvd drive or that I have to do something
additional for it to create a /dev/dvd device.

I tried command "gmplayer -fs dvd://2" (as suggested by Jean-Yves Simon) and
mplayer launches but doesn't play anything (I assume this is because it
can't find any /dev/dvd device to play from).

>PS. You're messing up threading. Please get a real mailer.

I know, I was waiting for the subscription to approve for the list and the
first message I sent bounced with some garbage about 'v i r u s' and told me
to re-send with NOVIRUS in the subject...great system!

Should be good now that I can reply to your posts.
Keir