[MPlayer-users] Commercial detection (was: Re: Can mencoder write partial files w hile encoding?)

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Fri Aug 29 14:29:19 CEST 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Pferdekaemper, Thorsten wrote:
| Hi,
| I don't think so. I don't have a real problem with the commercials when
| recording something. I am able to skip them using my remote (or keyboard)
| very easily...

You are basically right, but when I archive a recorded video, I will try to
save this space by cutting them out before...

| In my opinion, there are some more interesting features yet to implement.
| For example something like VirtualDub to skip whatever I want and to
| reencode offline. I would like to have something like this first... Just my
| 2c...

Y E S ! ! ! ! !  This is absolutely true. I wonder all the time that nothing
like this exists. mplayer and mencoder should normally include everything what
is needed for that - only a really usable GUI is missing, which allows to
browse through the video frame by frame and set clippoints....

Ok, now somebody will - again - point me to avidemux, but this thing does not
work. I tried to install multiple different rpm's with absolutely no success.
All binaries are compiled agains some strange libraries and therefore I would
have to replace a lot of my system. -> This I will surely do NOT, my system
works fine!
I also do not understand why all this GUI things are often made especially for
KDE. If they would be for X11, they would run on nearely every LINUX!

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

--
|      \\|//              Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software |