[MPlayer-users] Re: Can mencoder write partial files while encoding?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Fri Aug 29 11:42:21 CEST 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Alban Bedel wrote:

| Hi Ryan Voots,
| > well since it is tv shows its too bad that you couldn't detect when
| > commercials are going to break it apart then, but i think that is
| > besides the point of your question
| I got a little idea for this long ago. I have no idea how doable it is
| but here it is: Most tv channel put their logo somewhere on the screen
| but not during commercials. As these logo are small it shouldn't be too
| cpu intensive to watch for them.

I surely have other priorities for the moment.
Currently I feel myself fighting against windmills. I found now a _very_ CPU
intensive setup which compresses into DivX @ 640x400px. My Celeron 1700 is
loaded to nearely 95%, but it works, so I get good image quality at a better
compression. (I use now degauss3d again, pp=tn produces much bigger files
because it lets more noise remain in the video.)

| However this woudldn't be perfect as tv channels uselly show this logo
| also during their "omn commercial" (the next show, film of tomorow, etc).
| Until now it's the only idea i got wich seems both cpu friendly and
| reliable (at least within its own limits).
| Did someone got some other idea on this topic ? Perhaps that by combining
| some other strange ideas we can get something good ;)
| 	Albeu

The situation is more worse: Many TV stations (as RTL-II) have sometimes
animated logos on the screen, also sometimes in different locations. Often,
they also change their size when the film is in 16:9. How would you get this
under control?

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch