[MPlayer-users] pbs with matroxfd_base

Luis.F.Correia Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt
Fri Aug 29 10:18:23 CEST 2003

> I,
>
> I'm working with:
>
> debian/linux woody
> Matrox g 400 32 Mo
> kernel 2.4.18-686
> xfree86-common Version: 4.1.0-16
>
> Here is my pb :
>
> When I load matroxfb_base module with the command :
>
> me-at $ modeprobe matroxfb_base
>
> then I can't unload it with with the command :
>
> me-at $ rmmod matroxfb_base
>
> it answer to  me that it is busy  but the lsmod command tell  me it is
> unused.
>
> an idea ?

(matrox framebuffer driver is very well designed, proof that if a
manufacturer
cooperates at source code level with Linux the driver base is excelent!)

Yes, that module has others loaded that depend on it.

I think they are : (from memory on my Millenium 2)

matroxfb_TI3026
matroxfb_misc
matroxfb_accel

Look at the .depend file in the kernel source.