[MPlayer-users] Re: Which codec is fast and good?

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Fri Aug 29 06:00:40 CEST 2003

Ryan Voots wrote:
> Samba does have this limitation, unfortunately.  if you had to do it
> over the network i would look into NFS but i'm not sure if it will
> manage to be able to do that either

I've had no trouble dealing with files over 2GiB or 4GiB through NFS. I
have Linux 2.4 on both client and server and ReiserFS as the underlying
filesystem. Of course, YMMV, especially with combinations of older
versions of Linux, other implementations of NFS, and other underlying
filesystems.

Jonathan Rogers