[MPlayer-users] Can mencoder write partial files while encoding?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Thu Aug 28 16:52:29 CEST 2003

Exactly. This is not what I asked for. It would be interesting, but I know
that this is too complicated to be done free of failures. So I am looking for
the next best, and this is interactilely cutting commercials out. - And here I
have the problem that there seems to be no GUI cutting tool which really works
and is available as rpm for a standard SuSE 8.0/8.1/8.2... =8-(

|well since it is tv shows its too bad that you couldn't detect when
|commercials are going to break it apart then, but i think that is besides the
|point of your question

Anyway, it would be a good suggestion for mencoder developers to add a feature
for this automated file change after having reached a defined size. Will not
cost much work, but make life much easier...

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch