[MPlayer-users] Which codec is fast and good?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Thu Aug 28 13:48:29 CEST 2003

Thanks on your hints about FileSize limit of FAT32. I will have to find a way
to split the huge AVI into pieces below 2GB first, then feed them into
Windoze, and cut/paste them there. -- I see no other way, and - also - This
shall be no permanent "solution".

Also, editing 4-5GB through the LAN is not really what I want to do, it will
need hours to cut out one commercial from the file this way.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Raphael Clifford wrote:

| > I think FAT32 doesn't support large files.
| >
| > Can you try editing the file from Win98 directly on Linux disk using
| > NFS or Samba?
|
| The maximum file size on FAT32 is 2GB.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch