[MPlayer-users] How to encode more audio tracks to external file(s) [mp3] or intoavi together?

Daniel Mladek dmladek at netbeans.com
Thu Aug 28 09:42:14 CEST 2003

Hello,

Now, I can rip/encode DVD movie with 1 selected audiotrack and with 1 or
more VOBsubtitles to
one avi file and 2 files for subtitles.
This stuff I'm doing it in the following way, real example:

echo "# First pass:"
mencoder -dvd 1 -vobsubout subtitles -vobsuboutindex 0 -sid 0 -aid 128
-ovc frameno -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3  -o frameno.avi

echo "# SEcond pass:"
mencoder -dvd 1 -vobsubout subtitles -vobsuboutindex 0 -sid 0 -aid 128
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:vbitrate=758 -oac copy -o movie.avi

echo "#Third pass:"
mencoder -dvd 1 -vobsubout subtitles -vobsuboutindex 0 -sid 0 -aid 128
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2:vbitrate=758 -oac copy -o
movie.avi -vobsubout subtitles -vobsuboutindex 1 -sid 5

But I want go little bit more further. I'd like to have a movie with 2
(or more) audiotracks and with 2(or more) VOBsubtitles.
I don't care much if it will be all in one avi file or in an avi and
some external audio files eg. in mp3.
Maybe I'd prefer external files.

I'm stick. Only one thing I've found about is:
mplayer -dvd 1 -aid 128 -dumpaudio

and then I don't know.... I'm sure there's something very easy and
straightforward to do it well.

thanks for advice,
-daniel