[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer audio from TV line???

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Aug 28 05:21:47 CEST 2003

Bill Eldridge wrote:
> I guess I didn't add that I basically want to be able to watch TV
> real-time and save the programs.
> Yes, I already can grab stuff with ffmpeg and vlc, no one seems to have
> the dual dsp issue thought out.

As long as you there are enough CPU cycles, you can record an AVI using
mencoder and play it back simultaneously with mplayer. The down side is
that you're both encoding and decoding simultaneously, which is
inefficient. However, decoding CPU load is much less than encoding and
most modern systems can handle it fine. My Duron 800 machine can do it.

Jonathan Rogers