[MPlayer-users] Re: DOCS and distributions

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Wed Aug 27 07:26:16 CEST 2003

Karl Ewald wrote:
> I may be mistaken but it is my understanding in general that a make install
> of a package should place everything relevant for using the program in
> suitable places of the filesystem so that the src directory can safely be
> removed, unless the user is into reading code and debugging.

That's a partial answer to my earlier question about why so many people
don't find important MPlayer documentation. Trying not place blame, we
can definitely say that it would be helpful if the MPlayer Makefile
copied all the documentation (or at least that which is useful to users)
to a global system location, like /usr/share/doc/mplayer-blah.

Jonathan Rogers