[MPlayer-users] Please reply!! Urgent!! No Audio while Playback

Bill Eldridge bill at rfa.org
Tue Aug 26 14:32:25 CEST 2003

Gerhard den Hollander wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>* Balatoni Denes <pnis at coder.hu> (Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 02:10:44PM +0200)
>

>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>Hi!
>>

>>If it's urgent it's high time I replied :)
>>According to mplayer's output everything looks fine to me.
>>Maybe you recorded silence - I am not familiar with ffmpeg
>>

>Well, if as he sais he has recorded the video stream with ffmpeg, Im not
>surprised he is only seeing the video stream.
>
>Maybe suriya should try also recording the audio stream and then
>multiplexing the audio and video stream together ..

No, the ffmpeg command used records both audio and video, just
defaults to /dev/dsp. Now if the output of the video card is not plugged
into the soundcard, there will be no sound, nor if the volume on the
soundcard
is turned down. Use aumix -q to check. To get audio off the TV card can
be very tricky, depends on what kind of card you're using, use of
btaudio maybe, use of saa7134 cards instead, etc. in which case you'll
have some /dev/dsp1 to record off of.