[MPlayer-users] Problems with GUI

Marc Thoben chojin at gmx.net
Mon Aug 25 22:30:44 CEST 2003

On 25th of August 2003 at 21:26:55, henry_stauf at mailforce.net wrote:
>   When gmplayer starts only appears the shape of the
> skin. It has the shape of the pic, but appears all in
> black. It's strange because I see PNG files perfectly
> with Gimp or Gqview.

Hi, same here.

When I setup this LFS, I installed mplayer-cvs from 2003/04/20 and
gmplayer did work as supposed to.

I don't remember why, but on 2003/06/22 I had to upgrade.

Since I normally start mplayer from a terminal, I didn't realize
until today, that gmplayer wasn't working anymore. Maybe I should
clean up my start menu more often ;). Now I also have no skin
display at all.

Of course, 2003/06/22 is rather old and I will upgrade this evening,
but I wanted to let you know, you are not alone =)

I did a quick browse through my install-history, but it doesn't seem
as if I have upgraded any mplayer-relevant libraries besides kernel
since 2003/04/20... Shame on me ! I know ;) But this could be an
indication for some mistake in changes done to mplayer source...

As always, big thanks to all mplayer devs !

Regards,
Marc