[MPlayer-users] replacement for -vop pp=0x20000

Erik Slagter erik at oldconomy.com
Sun Aug 24 11:41:20 CEST 2003

> > I vote for pp=md!

> Yes, I should have too; I forgot about it. pp=md is probably the most
> "correct" of the deinterlacers; all the others either throw away lots
> of information, or make ghosts or blurs.

Well I don't know _exactly_ how the various de-interlacers work, but
this one just yields much better results than the other ones.

With my previous grabber card (bt848 based) the chroma information of
the odd/even fields was slightly "shifted" so I had to use the linear
blend deinterlacer. Well this is indeed something like "divide the
resolution by two".