[MPlayer-users] exact length of a dvd title for mencoder bitrate calculations

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 22 12:11:15 CEST 2003

Hey that's a nice trick. Takes time though, but it seems most reliable.
BTW. this way the status line gives WRONG results TOO, exactly as during
movie playback. But you inspired me to the following solution:

mplayer -ao pcm -vo null
expr `ls -l audiodump.wav | awk '{print $5}'` / 192000

which gives me the duration in seconds (assuming stereo audio) - which I
hope (havent encoded the movie yet) is finally correct (in agreement
with neither movie OSD nor movie/dumped_audio status line).

thanks a lot
Dominik

--
Dominik Szczerba, Dr.