[MPlayer-users] Codecs config & others...

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Aug 19 21:49:25 CEST 2003

Horacio Ferrero wrote:
> This codecs.conf is too old and incompatible with this MPlayer release!
> at line 6
> This codecs.conf is too old and incompatible with this MPlayer release!
> at line 6
> Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Permission denied
> Requested video codec family [ffsvq3] (vfm=ffmpeg) not available (enable
> it at compilation)
> QuickTime6 DLLs found
> QuickTime.qts patched!!! old entry=0x6693b330
> theQuickTimeDispatcher catched -> 0x6693b330
> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x33515653.
>
> Two questions :
> 1)from where can I get a new fresh copy of codecs.conf ?

You can find codecs.conf within the etc directory of your mplayer source
tree.

> 2) What it means : Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video
> format 0x33515653

It's really hard to tell when you don't include the entire output of
mplayer. In the future, _never_ include only partial output. As far
as ffsvq3 not being available, read this:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs.html#libavcodec

-Corey