[MPlayer-users] [BUG] No window decorations after returning from fullscreen

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Tue Aug 19 04:59:36 CEST 2003

I've noticed this problem too occationally with Gnome as well.  It doesn't
happen that often for me though.

Although I have noticed that starting mplayer in fullscreen mode (xv) doesn't
make the fullscreen window take up the whole screen - if the video isn't
quite 4:3 and mplayer would normally add black bands, then the window is
shorter by this black-band amount (so I can see my desktop at the bottom of
my screen.)  If I press F twice however, to un-fullscreen and re-fullscreen
it, then it works properly.

Just checked it again, and it also happens horizontally if the movie isn't
wide enough to fill the screen either.

Cheers,
Adam.