[MPlayer-users] Re: Question on "trans-coding" with mencoder...

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Aug 18 18:50:35 CEST 2003

Alban Bedel wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
 > Hi Rainer Hantsch,
>
> on Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:21:59 +0200 (CEST) you wrote:
>
>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
>> DOCS/bugreports.html]  On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Jonathan Rogers wrote:
>>
>> | [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read |
>> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>
>> ^-- PLEASE - could the list maintainer remove this offending
>> automated text? It is more than enough to put this piece of
>> "wisdom" into the signature!
>
> offending ??? I fail to see what's offending in this message. Anyway
> it's there for a good reason. However it should be updated as now
> it's DOCS/en/bugreports.html :)

I suspect that what is being complained about is that this appears at
the top of every new message, even when the same text already appears at
the beginning of a quote at the beginning of the message. There's not
much to be done about that, and it's easy enough to snip out the old
ones, but not everyone does that and regardless it's still annoying.

Alternatively he could be offended by being told every time to RTFM,
when he already has and the answer isn't in there. It is entirely
possible to find this insulting; my point of view is, just ignore it,
but not everyone shares that.

--
       The Wanderer