[MPlayer-users] How do I install mplayer?

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Sat Aug 16 18:14:33 CEST 2003

Bec Barwick wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>How do I install mplayer 0.91?  I am new to Linux...
>
>Cheers

When you posted this message and saw it.  Did you read the automatic
answer?  I don't mean to be gruff but the developers have an excellent
manual which I'm certain they spent quite a bit of time writing.  Please
read it....

./configure --enable-guie --enable-menu
make
su (You'll need to switch to root to install it)
make install
exit(Go back to your normal user, don't do ANYTHING as root unless needed)