[MPlayer-users] signal 11 in decode-audio

hugo vanwoerkom hugovanwoerkomq at care2.com
Thu Aug 14 20:51:39 CEST 2003

---- Begin Original Message ----

From: Erik Slagter <erik at oldconomy.com>
Sent: 14 Aug 2003 16:49:39 +0200
To: "MPlayer user's list."
<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] signal 11 in
decode-audio

[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also
read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> With 0.90 and using -ao pcm -vc null -vo null I
> get frequent:
> Mplayer interrupted by signal 11 in module
> decode-audio. Bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.

Does this always happen at the same point in the
file?

I get signal 11's from overheating of the cpu,
the error occurs randomly
then.

---- End Original Message ----

Never occurs the same place. But I think I only
get it using -ao pcm, at least I cannot remember
listening to a stream and mplayer dying.
Also I have never, to my knowledge, gotten a
signal 11 from anywhere else. This is on a Debian
Sarge system. I only use mplayer for listening to
classical music streams.

Hugo.

The following signature is added by my
web email provider over which I have no
control:
Help the planet each day! It's free and easy:
http://www.Care2.com/dailyaction/