[MPlayer-users] Re: Changing aspect ratio within DVD title

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Aug 14 20:19:53 CEST 2003

rcooley wrote:

> Oliver Fromme wrote:
>
>> That would require a lot of trial-and-error, because mplayer
>> doesn't have a function to step forward frame-by-frame (that
>> would be _extremely_ useful!).
>
> You should probably install avidemux.  There you could select the exact
> frame, save each section of the video seperately, etc.

Alternatively, you can use GOPchop to make MPEG PS file clips from the
DVD, then mencode (to verb a noun) each one. That's what I did to deal
with an aspect-changing DVD. Make sure to shut off the display while
seeking, since GOPchop will crash if aspect changes while it's playing
or seeking.

<URL:http://outflux.net/software/pkgs/GOPchop/>

Jonathan Rogers