[MPlayer-users] DVD navigation

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Aug 13 09:24:16 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 08:11:17AM +0200, Helmut Auer wrote:

> >>libdvdnav changed api and is not longer supported by mplayer g1.
> >>

> >Couldn't you install an older version of libdvdnav then?  If you installed
> >the most recent version supported by mplayer g1 presumably that would
> >work...
> >

> Sure I can - can you tell me which version I should try and which
> mplayer command shall I take for jumping chapterwise ?

Actually, it never worked to begin with, or not fully. And dvdnav is
being removed (or has already been removed?) from configure to keep
people from trying to enable it then complaining that it won't
compile. Anyway, dvdnav is not needed or useful for seeking to
chapters, just for using dvd menus. If you just want to seek to
chapters, you can use -chapter on the command line, and it should be
fairly easy to make a patch for runtime chapter seeking if you need
that...

Rich