[MPlayer-users] errors while playing dvd -- "a52: CRC check failed!"

Alexander Macdonald alexandermacdonald at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 18:51:12 CEST 2003

I've got a dvd (Kiki's delivery service) which has lots of "a52: CRC
check failed!", and "a52: error at resampling" errors. this causes the
dvd to rewind about half a second and continue playing fine, but it is
quite annoying as the dvd plays perfectly if i play it with Ogle, WMP or
a standalone dvd player. Just FYI the problem also happens in Xine :)

I've checked it with the latest cvs version as well as the latest 0.9x
version.

I've made a small(20mb) sample from the dvd with the following command:

mencoder -ss 200 -oac copy -ovc copy /mnt/cdrom/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB

the clip works fine in mplayer 0.9.0rc5 but crashes the cvs version
(although watching the vob file on the dvd works fine and exhibits the
a52 crc problem as well.

Would you like me to upload the sample?