[MPlayer-users] whole list of streams that won't play

Raphael Clifford raphael at clifford.net
Thu Aug 7 10:27:52 CEST 2003

Thanks very much for the reply.

1) You are right that if you find the right URL for the real stream by
wget'ing and guessing it does work. Thanks.
2) I had no idea about using mmst:// instead of mms:// so thank you
again. Why do you think it hangs with the mms:// ?
ffwmav2 has been fatally buggy for a long time now. I comment it out and
then wmvdmo kicks in which works OK but is quite CPU intensive.

3) Did you try the .mov files?  There are different URLs one can guess
at again having wget'ed the link but none of them plays for me.

The upshot for me is that for 1 and 2 it would be really helpful if
mplayer could parse the text files and play the correct URL instead of
the user having the wget and guess (it would also be nice if ffwmav2
worked :) ). I even posted a quick hack/patch to play .ram files here a
couple of days ago.  Also the mms:// hang seems like a bug to me
especially as there is such an easy fix.  Also, mplayerplug-in is very
much limited in what it can do while the current situation pertains.

For 3 I have yet to find someone who can play the .mov stream in mplayer
so I can't really comment any further.

Thanks again for your help,
Raphael