[MPlayer-users] Re: Fast recompress

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Wed Aug 6 18:12:45 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 16:29, Erik Slagter wrote:
> My first impression of mpeg2enc is reasonable quality, not excellent but
> also not bad. Good enough for encoding PAL-quality broadcasts. As long
> as it's better than SVHS I am happy.
>
> The fact that it takes 5 hours to convert a movie is a bigger problem
> for me...
>
> Where are you using mpeg 2 encoding for then?

Oh, I just experimented a little - for now I'll stick to ffmpeg/MP4 but I
tried re-encoding .AVIs, Quicktimes or even DVDs into SVCDs to test playback
on standalone players..
The advantage would be that you could carry your movies around without your
notebook if you're visiting people with just DVD players.. :-)

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/