[MPlayer-users] MENCODER: AuDIO OF SYNC when recording from TV

Bokor Norbert norbert.bokor at lebelier.hu
Tue Aug 5 08:36:37 CEST 2003

> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> I sometimes get "video buffer full - dropping frame".
> Can you tell me exactly the command line you use ?

look at this page: http://www.hup.hu/old/dmencoder

here you will find a command-line generator for TV-recording

I use something like this:

mencoder tv:// -vf lavcdeint -tv driver=v4l:width=768:height=576:amode=3:freq=175.250 -oac pcm -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg:vhq -o tv_rec.avi

I haven't a really fast computer (Acorp mainboard, SDRAM 133MHz), but I can record from TV in full resolution (768x576) with mjpeg or directly to divx(mpeg4) in 576x432 resolution (with this the avarage CPU load is about 95% :D) with realtime deinterlacing. I record a TV-show with divx in 480x352  res. with realtime deinterlacing and noise reduction (-vf lavcdeint,noise3d)

what windowmaker are you using? I experienced that if I run any QT-based application (like kmail or konqueror) the cpu load is sometimes much more. use my favourite wm-s: Blackbox and Enlightenment :)

bye:

doc