[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon 7000 with VESA driver

Richard Morey morey at banta.psyc.missouri.edu
Sun Aug 3 19:54:27 CEST 2003

AMD Athlon 500MHz
256 Mb RAM

I've got an ATI radeon 7000, and I use the VESA driver in my XFree86
configuration so that I can get the TV out. I can watch divx movies if I
use -x11 and do not use -zoom (otherwise, the video is too slow). This
makes the picture a bit small though. I'd like to get vidix working, but
I've tried these settings:
(I set the SUID bit om mplayer)

-vo xvidix
-vo xvidix:radeon_vid.so
-vo vesa:vidix
-vo vesa
-vo vesa:vidix:radeon_vid.so

And none of them work.
I get this error:

vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

Or a similar similar error.

How can I get this working? I'm I missing something I need for vidix?
I've also tried SDL and DGA, with no luck.

Thanks,
Richard Morey