listiquette was: [MPlayer-users] mplayer - fbdev - cron

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Sat Aug 2 17:28:10 CEST 2003

Carl Karsten wrote:
> I apologize to the list for dragging this out in the public, but it seems many of the members of this are concerned with the topic
> enough to bring it up, so I'll to bring out what the guidelines really are.

http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html

This mostly refers to Usenet, but it is a very good policy for mails too.

I really like the funny explanation of
http://quoting.is-easy.de/
but its in german only.
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fquoting.is-easy.de&lp=de_en&tt=url

> > Is your employer forcing you to use MS Outlook Express? If not, I suggest
> > to consider an alternative mailreader, like The Bat or 40tude Dialog.
>
> I personally don't like MS policies, practices, marketing, etc, but I don't let it consume me.  Switching news clients isn't always
> a simple task, so it needs to be a big enough of a problem to warrant such a solution.

If you use Outlook only for mail, then I'd recommend you to try Becky!
(http://www.rimarts.co.jp/becky.htm). Shareware, but seems to be a nice
program. There is a third-party newsplugin available.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits