[MPlayer-users] running mplayer

Yourself sl4rtyb4rtf4st at yahoo.gr
Wed Apr 30 23:01:20 CEST 2003

Quoting Vam (vmak52 at yahoo.com)
Message date: 30 Apr 2003 at 12:49

> What do I do next? I am new to linux, and I don't know
> how to run mplayer.

Simple. Just fire up a terminal and type
$ mplayer <file-to-play>

<file-to-play> is the file that you want to play.

There is also a nice gui which you can start by typing
$ gmplayer

but it is not always available.
Another thing you might try is:
$ man mplayer

this will give you much info, and it will help you quite a bit
understanding the features of mplayer if you read it and experiment.

keep in mind that mplayer is not just a video playback program... It is
a powerful tool, and like most powerful tools, it is meant to be used
from commandline

have fun using the best player in the world...

--
yourself

Those that understand binary and those that don't.