[MPlayer-users] VCD encoding

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Sun Apr 27 16:55:38 CEST 2003

Am Freitag, 25. April 2003 02.12 schrieb D Richard Felker III:
> I think this is a matter of the mpeg1 muxer in mencoder not being
> compliant; it shouldn't have much/anything to do with lavc. For
> example, ffmpeg itself can make vcd's just fine.

Ummm... Is it *really* VCD-compliant?

What I mean is this: the VCD-standard is very rigid. However, most
VCD/DVD players allow wrong parameters to a certain extend. The problem
with a not-quite-compliant VCD is, that it might play ok on most
players, but won't work at just the one you wanted to play it on.

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    Master of unrealistic idealism    x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \