[MPlayer-users] OGM chapters

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sun Apr 27 10:06:54 CEST 2003

gabor wrote:

> there are several new container formats under development, the most
> complete ( none of them is complete ):

I'm not as interested in new formats as in ones that work and are well
supported. Quicktime seems to be one of the most mature formats around,
as well as one of the most standardized, flexible, and widely
implemented. The question I'm asking is what do other formats have to
offer that Quicktime doesn't? I guess I should investigate those other
formats on my own, so we don't necessarily have to discuss it here, but
it seems to me that principles like "if it isn't broken, don't fix it,"
and "don't reinvent the wheel," might apply.

Jonathan Rogers