[MPlayer-users] mencoder front end

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sun Apr 27 09:37:42 CEST 2003

Jason Pepas wrote:
> I am in the process of hacking together a front end for mencoder.
>
> http://jason.pepas.com/projects/dvdrip/
>
> please note that I am a perl newbie.  my code will not be winning any beauty
> contests.

This is great, and I'm sure it will be useful, but you may wish to
consider renaming the project, since there is already a pretty mature
and full-featured GUI tool written in Perl called "dvd::rip"
<URL:http://exit1.org/dvdrip/>, which uses transcode. You could call
your tool MRip or PepRip or DVDMencode. :)

Jonathan Rogers