[MPlayer-users] Re: tmpgenc is better!?!?!?

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Sat Apr 26 12:11:22 CEST 2003

your bitrate is so high because you use so low vqmax.

As far as I can tell (after much encodings) if you use
vhq:vqmax=8:keyint=12:vcodec=mpeg1video
for both passes and don't rescale you have an almost perfect copy of the
first, (I assume that since you are comparing mencoder with tmpg you
want to make mpeg1 videos).
The price is high bitrate: roughly 1500 kb/s.

Hope it helps.

		Nico