[MPlayer-users]

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Apr 24 10:42:21 CEST 2003

mplayer at w007.org wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a DivX AVI, encoded using mencoder from a DVD-ripped VOB. I am
> attempting to drop the last few minutes of the video (the credits), but
> things aren't working the way I expected after reading the docs. I've also
> read numerous list emails involving -endpos but none gave me a fix.

I haven't tried MPlayer for cutting movie files, but either avicat (part
of avifile <URL:http://avifile.sourceforge.net/>) or avisplit (part of
transcode
<URL:http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode/>)
should be pretty straightforward. I've used one of them successfully,
but I can't remember which. They probably both work fine.

Jonathan Rogers