[MPlayer-users] menconder duplicate frames always (NODAEMON)

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Fri Apr 25 06:16:44 CEST 2003

On Thursday 24 April 2003 01:12, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> This is totally useless unless you rented the DVD and you're in a
> hurry to return it before the encoding finishes... ;) Two pass works
> just as well (and does not take significantly more time) direct from
> the dvd.
actually with my dvd-rom (lite-on, very quiet), 3-pass's audio pass needs to
be done from hd as the dvd drive is too lazy under linux to spin that disc up
to 180-250 fps.. with some dvd's this drive has also slowed up video encoding
process something like 5-15 fps.. not too significant with video but
definetly with audio.

> Rich
-rzei